Nothing stops our St. Pius X parishioners from reaching out to those in need in our community!
Take a minute to check out a brief video of “St. Pius X Church: A Year of Service” by clicking the image to the right, chronicling some of the many ways our parishioners “love and serve” our neighbors in need!
How Else Can I Help?
A few of the many organizations for families and individuals to reach out on their own, many of whom are in desperate need of volunteers and/or donations at this time are listed below. Click on each organization to take you to their website.
United Way of the Greater Capital Region: they have created an online platform identifying volunteer opportunities with local agencies that are providing essential services and have a critical need for volunteers as a result of the current COVID-19 crisis. Both in-person and virtual opportunities are available here. Individuals can create a profile on the site and sign up for one or multiple volunteer opportunities. To ensure safety all agencies have provided a statement on the safety and sanitation policies they have put in place to protect their staff, clients and volunteers.
The Sacred Heart Food Pantry in Albany continues to rely on our parishioners’ generosity for the folks they serve even when we can’t physically bring in our cans and food to Mass. Please consider sending in a donation to the Sacred Heart Food Pantry in one of three ways:
- Mail your checks directly to the Sacred Heart Food Pantry c/o Sr. Mary Ellen Owens, 10 Lodge Street, Albany NY 12207
Mail your checks to the Regional Food Bank (memo line: Sacred Heart Food Pantry):Regional Food Bank, 965 Albany Shaker Road, Latham NY 12110
Text to give by sending a text donation to 518-380-2439. Watch a short instructional video here (be sure that the dollar amount includes a cent amount of $.20 – which lets us know the donation is earmarked for Sacred Heart).
Prayer and Care Contact Linda Green, Pastoral Care Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to contact some of our seniors for a friendly call or to be a prayer partner. Linda would be happy to fill you in!
- St. Catherine’s Home for Children: clothing items can be dropped off in the blue service bins located at 30 N. Main Avenue Alban NY or at Marillac Family Shelter (195 Washington Avenue Extension Albany NY). Items accepted: used clothing, stuffed animals shoes, backpacks, etc.
- Blessingdale’s Clothing Shop (Capital City Rescue Mission) is accepting clean, usable clothing. For more information on where and when to drop off clothing items, visit this link.
- Latham-Colonie Council #3394 Knights of Columbus 328 Troy Schenectady Road Latham, NY 12110 Info: (518) 783-0572 www.lathamcoloniekofc.com
- what to drop off: used clothing, shoes, sneakers, belts, purses, linens, pillowcases, blankets, curtains, stuffed animals
- what not to drop off: furniture, electronics, household items, books, toys, garbage, pillows, rags & fabric scraps.
Thank you for your Generosity!