St. Pius X Church Reopening
Church is reopened with the following weekend schedule:
- Saturday Vigil: 5:00 pm
- Sunday Mass: 10:00 am
For those of you who have concerns about attending weekend Mass at this time:
The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in place, so those who are vulnerable or even simply uncomfortable attending a public liturgy are encouraged to remain at home and view Mass via livestreams which can be viewed from the links on our parish homepage.
If you have reservations about coming to church on the weekends, our Mass can be viewed online via Facebook and YouTube. Links are on our parish home page.
A few items of importance:
- Attendees are required to fill out the Mass Contact Tracing Form each time they attend Mass. The form is available here. The form should be printed, filled out, and brought with you to Mass where they will be collected by our Parish Ambassadors as you arrive.
- Entry to Mass will be through the main entrance to the church (off Crumitie Road). Church doors will open 30 minutes prior to the start of each Mass.
- All parishioners will be required to wear a mask in church and for the duration of the ceremony until they return to their cars.
- Parishioners will be asked to maintain 6’ spacing between families as they enter and will be seated by an Ambassador as they arrive.
- When the number of parishioners equals the number of persons permitted, remaining parishioners will be directed to the Parish Center until that fills.
- Chairs in the Parish Center are socially-distance-spaced and Communion will be brought to parishioners from Church.
- Restrooms are open by the front door to Church as well as the ones near the parish center for those using overflow seating in there. Please try to visit the restroom at home before you arrive.
- Holy Water fonts are empty. Health safety restrictions will not allow the use of the sacramental Holy Water in this way. However, it is most appropriate to continue the gesture of making the sign of the cross upon entering church.
- There will be no basket passed during the collection. Baskets will be available at all doors of the church to accept your donations as you exit.
- Sign of Peace – it will be appropriate to offer a reverent bow and or verbal greeting.
- Reception of Holy Communion will be in the form of the Sacred Host only and will be received in the hand.
- There will be no Hymnals or Missals available. If you wish to access the information on your phone, that will be acceptable at this time. Liturgy sheets are also available on our parish website to print and bring to Mass. However, all items brought into Mass must be taken out as you exit.
- When leaving church, please remember to maintain social distancing. Wave from afar and leave the church properly to share fellowship.
Father Walsh has made a video that you may view before coming to Mass if you would like a more detailed presentation of the new Mass protocols. It can be viewed below