Are you ready to get involved?
Please consider sharing your time and talents with one of these St. Pius X Ministries:
- Advent/Lenten Breakfasts – volunteers help with the coordination of the men and women’s Advent and Lenten breakfasts. Breakfast is served and a faith witness talk is given to prepare parishioners for the season ahead. Contact Neil Johanning at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Holy Thursday Dinner – volunteers needed to help prep, serve and clean up for our annual Holy Thursday dinner in the parish center. Contact Terry Mason at 518-458-2811 or email@example.com
- Ministry Appreciation Volunteers – promotes parish involvement by organizing a volunteer fair every 2 years as well as annual ministry wine & cheese evening. Contact Josie Pienkosz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parish Picnic Volunteers – held in September, volunteers prep, serve and clean up for the event. Contact Josie Pienkosz at email@example.com
- Pastoral Council – meet monthly to promote and facilitate parish life. A discernment process is used to choose a candidate and members serve a three year term. Contact Pete Sheremeta at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-221-1198.
- PEP Group – volunteers coordinate monthly luncheons for the seniors of our parish. Contact Neil Johanning at email@example.com or Ri Cratty at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 449-5309.
- Photography Ministry – volunteer photographers take pictures of parish events to help chronicle in photographs the life of our parish for our parish photo boards, bulletin and website. Contact Keith Martens at (518) 322-6805 or email@example.com
- Small Group Facilitators – volunteers comfortable with leading a group of 8-10 parishioners in prayer and reflection on weekly scripture and homilies throughout the year. Contact Ann Rose at 518-462-1336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. Pius X Soccer/Basketball Programs – volunteers needed to coach our CYO soccer teams in the fall and CYO basketball in the winter. Contact Lou Klender at email@example.com or James McCabe at 518-225-4243.
- Super Freeze Committee – volunteers meet once a month from December – February to help coordinate our parish-wide Super Bowl party that takes place in February. Contact Maureen O’Hagan at 518-522-1483 or Joe O’Hagan at 518-522-1485 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Ministry – volunteers needed for middle school and high school youth ministry to serve as mentors sharing their faith through programming that provides faith, fun and friendship. Multiple volunteer opportunities with various time commitments. Contact Lauren Numrich at (518) 462-1336 ext. 2009 or email@example.com
- Young Adult Ministry – volunteers assist with faith building and social activities for the young adults of our parish (college-aged – 39). Volunteer opportunities vary. Contact Lauren Numrich at (518) 462-1336 ext. 2009 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Altar Linens – volunteers launder sacramental linens on a rotating basis twice a year. Contact Marjorie Ward at 518-783-5741 or email@example.com
- Altar Server Robes – volunteers launder altar server linens on a rotating basis. Contact Janet Fitzgerald at 518 786-7802 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Altar Servers – this ministry is open to boys and girls who are in the fourth grade and above to serve at weekend Masses and other liturgies. Contact Lauren Numrich at 518-462-1336 ext. 2009 or email@example.com
- Babysitting: babysitters needed for children of the parish aged 18 months – three years during the 10:00 am Sunday Mass so their parents can attend Mass on their own. Contact Caitlin Kisselback at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-527-9000.
- Baptism Prep Teams and Ambassadors – teams provide training and support to parents who are baptizing their children by attending the baptism and keeping in touch with families for the first year after. Contact Molly Poleto at email@example.com or Barbara Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bulletin Volunteers – meet once a week, usually on Friday mornings, to insert notices or fliers and prepare the bulletins for distribution at all weekend Masses. Contact Bob Killough at 518-462-0852 or email@example.com
- Confirmation (Teen) – volunteers needed to help prepare students in grades 9 and 10 to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. Multiple opportunities to volunteer with various time commitments. Contact Jim Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eucharistic Adoration – volunteers are prayerfully present on a rotating basis during the day for the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament from 9:30 am until 7:00 pm each Friday. Contact Peter Ranalli at 482-9087 or email@example.com
- Kids’ Bible – teams rotate to teach the Gospel Message to children ages 4-7 at the 10:00 am Mass each Sunday. Contact Amy Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Music Ministry – (adult choir, youth choir, contemporary group and chime choir) share your musical gifts with the parish community. Contact Brian Hoffman at 518-462-1336, ext 2015 or email@example.com
- Prayer Group – meets weekly to pray for the needs of our parishioners. Contact Jenn Maroney at 518-462-1336, ext 2013 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Religious Education – teachers, teacher aides, and substitutes teach Religious Education on Sundays during the school year. To learn more about becoming a Religious Education teacher or aide please contact Ann Smith at 518-465-8068 or email@example.com
- RCIA (Right of Christian Initiation for Adults) – volunteers help with the formation of persons who have indicated a desire to become Catholic. Contact Jonathan Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ushers – assist with seating at Masses, coordinate parking for Christmas and Easter services, and assist with the offertory collection at weekend Masses. Contact Jim Kitts at 505-7597 or email@example.com
- Wedding Ambassadors – volunteers work on Church preparations before weddings and clean up afterwards. Contact Donna Blake at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Welcome Back Fall Wine and Cheese – parishioners organize a wine and cheese after the 5:00 pm Saturday Mass usually in September. Volunteers meet a couple of times prior to the event and are needed the day of to set up, serve and clean-up. Contact Josie Pienkosz at email@example.com
- Bereavement Committee – these volunteers help us plan our bereavement programs throughout the year including our All Souls’ Day program and our spring bereavement program. They also assist with our Seasons of Hope Program in the fall and spring.
- Card Writing – volunteers write periodic cards to our bereaved and those who have recently been hospitalized.
- Faith-in-Action Care Team – join a team of caring individuals who provide support and friendship to individuals in need of assistance and their families. Team members receive training through the Eddy Alzheimer’s Care Team Volunteer Coordinator. Contact Sandy Monahan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospital Visitors – volunteers make visits to sick parishioners in our area hospitals who have indicated they would like to be visited. Visits can be weekly or monthly. Approximate time commitment: about three hours per visit.
- Pastoral Care Eucharistic Ministers – volunteers bring the Eucharist to homebound parishioners and those living in area nursing homes.
- Rosary and/or Communion Service Facilitators – join our teams that facilitate rosary and/or communion at our area nursing homes: Loudonville Home, Atria, Albany County Nursing Home and Hudson Park and the Beltrone. Training provided.
- Visitation Ministers – volunteer make friendly visits to our nursing home residents and homebound residents to deliver gifts the St. Pius X School children make at various times of the year.
- Meal Ministry – volunteers prepare and/or deliver meals to those in our faith community who are dealing with illness, hardship, or have just welcomed a newborn. Contact Patti Audino at 518-209-8458 or email@example.com
Contact Linda Green for all pastoral care opportunities unless otherwise indicated at 518-462-1336, ext 2010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adopt-a-Pot Ministry: team of volunteers maintain the pots that grace the entrances to the church. Contact Kathleen Hensel at 518-479-9968 or email@example.com
- Capital City Rescue Mission Dinners: parishioners join together to serve a meal to the residents at the Capital City Rescue Mission Shelter once a month. Contact Dan Jason at 315-416-1860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capital Roots Garden Days – twice a year in the spring and/or summer, parishioners volunteer in the community gardens at Capital Roots. Contact Liz Jelstrom at 518-462-1336 or email@example.com
- DePaul House Dinners – teams prepare meals on a monthly basis for residents of DePaul House. Contact Diane Forenzo at 458-7355 at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Haitian Orphanage Committee – this committee works to support the St. Francis Xavier Haitian Orphanage Foundation which provides food, shelter, and an education to the children living in this orphanage in Haiti. Contact Gayle Bouchard at 518-462-1336 ext. 2034 or email@example.com
- Judy A. Ranalli Memorial Clothing Drive (Hilltowns) – in November, volunteers help with the collection, sorting, bagging up and delivery of donated clothing to the Hilltown area in support of Catholic Charities. Collections also made for Lwanga and Mercy House the same weekend. Contact Ann Smith at 518-465-8068 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Men’s Service Group: men of the parish meet to perform service jobs inside our parish as well as outreach to neighboring communities Contact John Fitzgerald at 436-8959 or email@example.com
- Monthly Food Collection for Sacred Heart Food Pantry – volunteers meet monthly at church to transport collected food to the Sacred Heart Food Pantry that serves families in North Albany. Contact Roberta Wolf at (518) 783-6961 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residents Encounter Christ (REC) – a prison ministry of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany that encourages inmates to become more active Christians during and after their incarceration. Contact Jim O’Keefe at 518-461-8356 or email@example.com
- Schuyler Inn Homeless Shelter Sistering Committee – volunteers organize events for the residents and support through various collections based on the current needs of the shelter. Contact Liz Jelstrom at 518-462-1336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Day – volunteers help organize and oversee service projects as team captains at various events throughout the city of Albany and on-site on our annual service day held in the springy. For more information contact Liz Jelstrom 518-462-1336 ext. 2035 or email@example.com
*To receive a monthly e-mail of service opportunities, contact Liz Jelstrom at (518) 462-1336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ambassadors – volunteers work at weekend hospitality gatherings, circulating and engaging our new parishioners. Contact Gayle Bouchard at 518-462-1336, ext 2034 or email@example.com
- Hospitality Sunday – volunteers serve refreshments and welcome people after Sunday Masses once a month. To volunteer in the fall (November – April) contact Fran Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or for summer (May – October) contact Carm Turpin at 518-489-0493 or email@example.com
** Involvement by adults (18 years and older) in any program that includes working with children will require meeting safe environment standards (completing VIRTUS and background check) and filling out paperwork.