Discussion Questions: Week of September 15, 2019
This week’s discussion questions are based on the Gospel found at Luke 15:1-10
- The woman in the Gospel reading was distraught at having lost one of her coins. What was the last thing that you lost? Did you ever find it?
- The lost coin parable highlights that searching for a lost treasure often requires diligence and persistence. Is there someone in your life who is lost and in need of being found and how much effort should we be putting toward helping the lost find their way back to God?
- The Gospel reflects how Jesus pursues us when we are lost. In what ways has God pursued you while you were away from him? How did He return you to the fold?
- In the Gospel, the Pharisees and the scribes complained that Jesus spent his time with sinners. Who would represent the sinners and tax collectors in our society today?
- Do you regularly and purposefully welcome the “sinners” in your neighborhood, office, or your family into your home or spend quality time with them?
- Are there certain “sinners” you might associate with and other “sinners” that you would never associate? Why or why not?