Discussion Questions: Week of May 26, 2019
This week’s discussion questions are based on the First Reading found at Acts 15:1-2, 22-29
In the First Reading, Paul, Barnabas and several others were chosen to take the question of circumcision to the elders. They may have felt as though they “drew the short straw,” basically assigned a task that no one else wanted.
- Tell of a time when you had to do something you really did not want to do. What made you not want to do it . . . fear of rejection, fear of making a mistake, outside your comfort zone, etc.?
- What was the outcome? Did you feel it was an opportunity for growth? If so, how?
- How do you prepare yourself to do something you don’t want to do?
- Have you found a way to handle uncomfortable situations?
- Have these experiences ever made you feel like you were lucky to have had it?