Discussion Questions: Week of July 14, 2019
This week’s discussion questions are based on the Gospel found at Luke 10:25-37
- In the Gospel reading, the scholar asks Jesus “who is my neighbor?” prompting Jesus to tell him the story of the Good Samaritan. How do you define “neighbor?”
- When have you, like the priest and Levite, passed by someone who needed help, maybe with good reason?
- Share an example of a time when you or someone you know acted like the Good Samaritan, even though it was a sacrifice.
- This parable was hard for the scholar to hear because of the Jewish people’s feelings toward the Samaritans. Have you ever allowed what others think prevent you from doing what you felt was right?
- Is it sometimes hard for people to admit they need help and to accept it? What would be some ways to make them more comfortable accepting help?
- What are some reasons we don’t see other’s needs? How can we be more sensitive to seeing what others need?