Greetings! Confirmation Year One preparation at St. Pius X Church begins in the Fall Semester of the candidates’ 9th grade school year.
If you are looking to have your teenager begin formal preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation, please begin the conversation with the parish today by making an appointment to meet with Lauren Numrich, our Youth & Young Adult Minister. Schedule this meet and greet now at confirmation@
The main focus of Year One Confirmation Preparation is to integrate candidates into the life of the parish. It is designed to run in conjunction with High School Youth Ministry (HSYM), our parish Faith Formation for high school youth in grades 9-12, which meets Wednesday evenings. Please visit our HSYM page of our website here for more information.
In addition to HSYM, Candidates will be keeping a “Reflection Journal” that requires them to provide personal insight on different aspects of the St. Pius X community. Candidates are required to attend, participate, and reflect on:
- Four Masses (any masses held at St. Pius X Church, including Sunday masses, Holy Days and Feast Days),
- Three HSYM nights (High School Youth Ministry meets Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:15 pm in the Parish Center (A copy of our High School Youth Ministry schedule can be found below)
- *please note, Due to COVID-19 safety regulations, prior to every in-person Confirmation Yr 2 session, parents/guardians must complete a health screening for each child/youth attending. A printable version of this health screening form can be found here*
- Two Parish Service Projects (you can become involved in a parish ministry or serve at one of our many outreach projects throughout the Capital Region), Click on the Parish Service button below for more information.
- Two Parish Events (Parish events are activities that don’t fall into any of the other categories, examples are: the annual Parish Picnic and Super Freeze party, Reconciliation, Stations of the Cross during Lent, Hospitality, Concerts, and Speakers etc… We understand these events may be limited as we continue to work to reopen our parish safely. We will keep you updated with new parish event opportunities!)
All journal reflections should be submitted electronically using the forms found under the “Reflection Journal” button.
Lastly, over the course of our two year program, candidates are required to attend one retreat. This can be one of our in house retreats offered each fall, or one of our summer retreats made available to our high school youth ministry. More information regarding these retreat opportunities will follow soon.
Step Two: Please fill out the registration and payment forms located through the Registration button to the right. *If registering online you will be directed to a payment page. If you are printing out the form to use, you’ll need to send in a check with your student’s registration form.
Step Three: Parents and Candidates are invited to join us for an Informational Webinar and Q&A on Zoom on Wednesday, September 30 at 7:00 pm. More information to come soon.