Christmas and New Year’s Mass Schedule and Information
Monday, December 24 – Christmas Eve
2:00 pm Children’s Mass, Church
- NEW TIME THIS YEAR
- We expect this will be the most crowded Mass of Christmas and seats will be filled long before Mass begins. I ask that any unoccupied or “reserved” seats be surrendered by 1:45 pm.
- 90 additional seats are available in the chapel for overflow worshippers. The 2:00 pm Mass will be livestreamed to the screen in the chapel.
- Music: Parish Youth Choir and organ (music begins 15 minutes before Mass)
4:30 pm Mass, Church (new time)
- NEW TIME THIS YEAR
- We expect this Mass will be full
- 90 additional seats are available in the chapel for overflow worshippers. The 4:30 pm Mass will be livestreamed to the screen in the chapel.
- Music: Young Adult Choir, string ensemble and Choir
7:00 pm Mass in Church
- Music: Tenor, Alex Turpin and organ (music begin 20 minutes before Mass)
- Last year church was full
12:00 am Midnight Mass in Church
- Music: Parish Choir, instruments and organ (music begins 30 minutes before Mass)
- Last year Church was 3/4 full
Tuesday, December 25 – Christmas Day
10:00 am Mass, Church
- Music: Parish Choir and organ (music begins 20 minutes before Mass)
- Last year Church was comfortably full
Saturday, December 29: 5:00 pm Vigil Mass
Sunday, December 30: 8:00 am, 10:00 am and noon Masses
Solemnity of Mary
Monday, December 31: 5:00 pm Vigil Mass
Tuesday, January 1: 9:00 am Mass, Church
- Bishop Scharfenberger has granted us permission to have a Christmas Eve Mass earlier than the normal 4:00 pm. Please see the above schedule for different Christmas Eve Mass times.
- Limited parking and crowded Masses on Christmas can cause tension and anxiety, but please remember we are here to celebrate the birth of Christ, and patience and kindness fit the occasion. We have developed a reputation of being a hospitable and welcoming community. Let’s make sure everyone who enters our doors experiences hospitality and a warm smile.
- Because of the shortage of parking on Christmas, please consider using the school parking lot. We will have the main entrance to the school open for you to enter through for all Christmas Eve Masses.
- We will livestream the 2:00 pm and 4:30 pm Masses occurring in the church to the flatscreen in the chapel. If you are located in the chapel we will bring communion to you.
- We will be distributing a copy of The Biggest Lie in the History of Christianity to you at all Masses. I believe that the thoughts presented in this book can help us to deepen our faith. Please pass along the book to a friend or family member when you have finished reading it.
- Please note that incense will be used at all Christmas Masses but only at the beginning of each Mass.
- All Masses will be in the church. There will be no Mass in the Parish Center this year.
- For our homebound, nursing home residents and for those traveling, we will be livestreaming our Midnight Mass on Facebook and our 10:00 am Christmas Day Mass on our website.