Faith Resources for Parishioners and Families – Covid 19
This document is a work-in-progress list of resources that may be of use for families during this time when churches are closed due to Covid-19. St. Pius X will be updating this page regularly as new resources are recommended.
Guidelines and Updates:
Liturgy of the Word/Livestreamed Mass
- Daily Readings
- Magnificat Online Liturgy
- St. Pius X Mass livestream
- St. Peter’s livestream every Sunday at 10:00 am on Facebook until further notice. The recording of that Mass will then be available here.
Faith Resources for Families
- Holy Heroes
- Bible for Kids
- Loyola press Sunday Liturgy
- Building Family Bonds/Healthy Marriages
- Home altars
- What every Catholic home should have
- Catholic Apologetics
- Pinterest has a lot of great project ideas for kids
Faith Resources for Women and Men
- Blessed is She
- Walking with Purpose
- Making a Spiritual Communion (when you can’t receive the Eucharist)
- Bible in a Year: Father Mike Schmitz, Jeff Cavins and Ascension Press launched a podcast that will read the Bible in a year following a reading plan inspired by The Great Adventure Bible Timeline. It is flexible so you can listen to a bunch of episodes at once or daily. They also have a Facebook discussion group for this program. Click on this link to register for daily e-mails or scroll down to listen to the podcast directly.
- A link to Bishop Barron’s youtube presentation on the events at the Capitol can be found here: “We Need a National Examination of Conscience”
- Senior Congregate To-Go meals: (518) 459-2857 (x303) – suggested contribution $3.00
- Transportation services (518) 459-6064
Albany County Mental Health Support Line– open 7 days a week from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (518) 269-6634; Anyone experiencing a psychiatric emergency should call Albany County Mobile Crisis Team (518) 549-6500. For more information visit them here.
- Headspace: free meditation and mindfulness
- Coronavirus information
- Mental Health Support Hotline: 1-844-863-9314
- Dominican Retreat House Virtual 12 Step Program on January 23 for Men and Women
- Albany Diocese Marital Resources: https://www.rcda.org/faith-formation-education/marriage-family-life
- Other Marriage resources: https://www.archmil.org/MarriageandFamilyLife/Marriage-Resources.htm
Each year many of our parish families face the loss of loved ones. Our Catholic tradition provides funeral support and our program, Seasons of Hope was able to carry that caring spirit into the difficult period that follows when grief can overwhelm. Unfortunately, due to Covid, we are unable to offer our Seasons of Hope program in person. If you have recently experienced a loss and you are looking for some comfort and solace, contact Linda in our pastoral care office at email@example.com. She will be happy to connect you with Susan Ikenhoffer, our Bereavement Committee Chair. Susan will be happy to reach out to you to offer you a caring ear and words of comfort.
Helping Youth Cope with Anxiety Due to COVID-19
- The Coronavirus – Confronting Fear with Faith from Sophia Institute Press
- CDC Talking points for families with kids
Reaching Out to a Greater Community: visit our St Pius X service page for list of organizations in our community requesting help.
Racial Justice Resources 2020
- Catholic Resources for Racial Justice
- The Dignity of Black Lives: A Catholic Response to the Sin of Racism
Daily Masses and Eucharistic Adoration at area churches