Discussion Questions: Week of May 27, 2018
This week’s discussion questions are based on the First Reading found at Deuteronomy 4:32-34, 39-40 and on the Gospel found at Matthew 28:16-20
- In the first reading, Moses is reminding the people of all the great works God has done for them. What are some of the blessings the Lord has given you?
- The first reading also reflects that there “is no other” god. What other false gods have taken root in our society today?
- Would every problem of the world go away if everyone lived by the Commandments?
- Jesus says that “all power in heaven and on earth has been given to Him.” Do you turn to Jesus when you are in need of help? Do you trust in His power or do you rely more on yourself and your own abilitites?
- Do you have periods of doubt in your faith? When do those moments tend to happen?
- Jesus’ final request to his followers is to evangelize others. How do you evangelize others in your midst? What is most challenging for you in being an evangelizer? Does it embarrass you?