Discussion Questions: Week of May 20, 2018
This week’s discussion questions are based on the First Reading found at Acts of the Apostles 2:1-11, the Second Reading found at 1 Corinthians 12:3b-7, 12-13 and on the Gospel found at John 15:26-27, 16:12-15
- Can you share an example of when you think you have had an experience of the Holy Spirit in your life?
- Do you pray to the Holy Spirit for guidance? Why or why not?
- We are all given different gifts to build up the Body of Christ. Which gift(s) has the Lord given you (don’t be modest) and how do you use them to bring honor to God? How do you need to better exercise these gifts?
- Our mission was given to us to share the gifts the Holy Spirit gave to us. How are we doing with that mission? How do we spend our time? What are our priorities? When God asks how you used the gifts you were given, what will you say?
- The apostles were waiting for Jesus to send “The Advocate” (the Holy Spirit) to guide them. When have you tried to do things on your own versus when you have prayed about the situation and waited for God to guide you? Were the outcomes different?