Discussion Questions: Week of November 18, 2018
This week’s discussion questions are based on the First Reading found at Daniel 12:1-3, on the Second Reading found at Hebrews 10:11-14, 18 and on the Gospel found at Mark 13:24-32
- In the First Reading, Daniel says, “But the wise shall shine brightly like the splendor of the firmament, and those who lead the many to justice shall be like the stars forever.” Do you think he is describing Heaven? What do you think it will be like in Heaven?
- Imagine yourself with the saints. Which saint would you most like to meet?
- In the Second Reading, Jesus “offered one sacrifice for sins.” How are you encouraged that Jesus knows your sins and weaknesses and yet is merciful?
- Is there sin in your life for which confession and repentance is needed? What is preventing you from attaining this?
- The Gospel says that no one but God knows when our time on earth will be over. We don’t usually like to think about our own mortality, but we should always work toward the reward of Heaven. Do you actively try to live every day as though it were your last? How? How do others play a role in this?
- If you had an idea of when your last day would be, what unfinished business would become most urgent for you to address.
- Do you consider death a joyful or sorrowful occasion?